Below you will find some Frequently Asked Questions. Please feel free to contact us if you need additional information. You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 818-591-9321Q: What are shipping charges?
A: Shipping costs are calculated at checkout. Hawaii, Alaska, APOs, international destinations are subject to additional charges. E-mail email@example.com for shipping charges to Hawaii, Alaska, APOs and international destinations. Orders weighing more than 150 lbs are also subject to additional shipping charges that are applied after checkout. The Center will contact you to approve these charges. If you have any questions, please call 1-818-591-9321. Please note: You must provide a physical address; the Center does not ship to P.O. boxes. All orders will be shipped via UPS/Regular (7-10 working days). If you would like your order shipped 3rd Day or Next Day, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. Additional shipping charges will be added to your order if you choose a faster method of shipment.Q: Why are shipping costs so high?
A: Shipping costs are calculated using UPS rates. The Center makes no money on the shipping rates listed. If you have your own UPS account, we can ship using your shipper number and shipping charges will not be added to your order. Please call 1-818-591-9321 to place orders with your own shipper number.
The Center also has electronic versions of many of its books, please see our ebooks page
for more information.
Q: What about sales tax?
A: Sales tax is only applicable to California residents. If you are a resident of California the appropriate sales tax will be added to your order.Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept payment by Visa or MasterCard.Q: Can I place an order online using a purchase order?
A: No. If using a purchase order, you must mail or fax it to us.Q: What is your Return Policy?
A: Our Return Policy is as follows:
• Return time must be within 45 days from invoice date.
• Call for authorization to return books.
• All books must be in new saleable condition, not used.
• Only the cost of the books will be refunded.
• Customer to pay for the shipping.
• When returning books you must include the invoice number.
• A 15% restocking fee will be charged on returns or exchanges.
• All returns must be sent to the attention of Sales Department.
The mission of the Center is to promote an enlightened and responsible citizenry committed to democratic principles and actively engaged in the practice of democracy in the United States and other countries. Today, the Center administers a wide range of critically acclaimed curricular, teacher-training, and community-based programs. The principal goals of the Center's programs are to help students develop:
(1) an increased understanding of the institutions of American constitutional democracy and the fundamental principles and values upon which they are founded,
(2) the skills necessary to participate as effective and responsible citizens, and
(3) the willingness to use democratic procedures for making decisions and managing conflict.
Once again, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact our office: